MS Office Outlook stores its contacts, e-mails, tasks, appointments, journals to files called Personal Storage Table or PST files. But if these files get corrupted or damaged, you will be unable to access any data unless it is repaired. There might be many reasons behind the PST file damage which can be following:
- System shutting down suddenly following power failure while working in outlook
- Files in outlook have a size limitation of 2GB, exceeding that can also cause corruption
- A virus could be responsible
- Damage caused due to application error
Following the damage, Outlook would not let you access your emails, journals etc. within the file which can leave you really worried. Moreover you will get PST errors; some of them are as follows:
- Client Error: 0x80040600.
- Messaging interface has caused an unknown error.
- An unknown error has occurred. 0X80040116.
- An unknown error has occurred. 0X80040119.
- Outlook.pst could not be found.
If you encounter any of above errors it is an indication that your PST file has been damaged. In that case you would not be able to access your emails, contacts etc. following which you certainly need to repair that particular PST file. In that case the need of an Microsoft Scan PST tool arises that repairs the corrupted or damaged PST file.The essential features of a PST File Repair tool are:
- It reads and repairs the corrupted Outlook PST files
- It recovers your precious data like emails, contacts etc.
- It supports MS Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, and 2010
- It is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP, and 2000
- It can split oversized PST files upto 10GB
Therefore if a PST file is damaged, just download a PST File Repair Tool which will repair the damaged file and thereafter you will be able to access your emails. Journals, contacts etc. easily.