Setup Professional Domain Email Address via Outlook
Got your own domain and want to integrate your webmail with outlook.com? Want to Setup Professional Domain Email Address via Outlook? As Google has announced that they are closing all new signups for free version of Google Apps suite everyone has started exploring new host for the webmail. So here in this post you will learn tips to setup your professional domain email address on Outlook.
What is Professional Email Address
Using the own domain name instead of free email services like Google, Yahoo, Hotmail or Outlook is known as professional email address. So if you have your own domain then you can get an email address like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Setting up Outlook.com using a custom Domain Name
1. Go to Windows Live Admin Center :- http://domains.live.com
2. Enter your own domain name.
3. Now provide your Microsoft account details as domain administrator account. You can sign in with your existing Microsoft account or you can register a new one.
Note: Provide correct contact information because it will be fruther used to verify your account or retrieve your password if you forget it.
Setting up DNS MX Records to use Outlook.com
1. After sign-up process you will get redirected to the Windows Live Admin Center’s admin page. The administrator page will display the MX and TXT records specific to your account.
2. Login to the control Panel of your hosting. Every hosting provider has a little bit of different interface. Look for the domain setting page and go to mail section. Now select the MX entry option.
3. Select your preferred domain name if you have multiple domains.
4. Now Choose “Automatically detect configuration” for email routing.
5. Add the MX record string provided by Outlook.com in the Add new section.
Now you have successfully integrated the Outlook.com to your domain. You can also add new members.
Creating Custom Domain Name Email Accounts
1. Go to Windows Live Admin Center and select the active domain. Now you can add new members accounts.
2. Enter an account name, first name, last name and password for each email account you want to create. Your users will access their email at http://mail.live.com
What To Do If PST files get corrupt
As we have finished with Setup Professional Domain Email Address via Outlook guide now its time to know the darkside of using outlook as your email host. It is also a burning issue that Outlook or pst files are very prone to corruption. But if your pst files get corrupted then you can use .pst recovery software that is an inbuilt tool provided by Windows. If you are unable to recover your pst files using this software then you must opt for a third party recovery software.
Get more details about pst file recovery :- http://www.scanpstexe.it